Benchmark your business to find the competitive edge
Gain a better understanding of your business by comparing it to industry benchmarks. Capricorn Society Ltd has partnered with TaT Biz to create a unique business benchmarking service exclusive to Capricorn members.
Gain insights into how your business compares to the best and worst performing workshops. Determine if you are spending more or less hours in the business compared to others, and for what return.
What will I receive?
You will receive a personalised benchmark report with valuable information that is not otherwise available to your industry. Your benchmark report will cover key operational areas:
- Costs - how your costs compare to other workshops and whether you can reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Productivity - the productivity of your technicians and how they compare to the top operators in the industry
- Pricing - What other workshops are charging for common repairs which will help you determine if price increases are warranted
- Margins - The markup and margins other workshops are applying to parts to help you determine if price increases are warranted
- Wages - What other workshops are paying their staff, arming you with information to cope with staff pay rise requests and recruiting staff
- Returns - What returns other workshop owners are generating from their business
On top of all that, your report will include recommendations on where your workshop is doing well and areas where there may be room for improvement.
When your registration is received, TaT Biz will contact you to get the process started.
Complete a brief two-page questionnaire and send by email or fax, along with a copy of your 2014 Profit and Loss.
If you would prefer not to send a copy of your 2014 Profit and Loss, email Geoff Mutton at [email protected] for another version of the questionnaire which will require answers to some additional questions.
TaT Biz will analyse your data and send you a confidential report (PDF) which will show how your business compares to others in the same industry. The report will highlight the good, the bad and the ugly, and clearly identify where improvements can be made.
How much does it cost?
A once only fee of NZ$240 GST exempt for New Zealand workshops and A$220 plus GST for Australian workshops.
Your Capricorn account will be charged only when all of the data has been collated and you have been sent your benchmarking report.
Is my workshop eligible?
This business benchmarking program is specifically designed for automotive mechanical repair workshops and is only available to Capricorn Society members.
Send your registration form, or ask for more information:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: +61 2 8089 1152
Benchmarking coordinator Geoff Mutton Ph: +61 438 891 225
Fill out the form below to register for Benchmarking.